As you know by now, finding out which federal set-asides your business may qualify for is extremely important. Making sure your business receives all the government benefits it deserves should be on the top of your priority list in government contracting. Aside from being properly registered in System for Award Management, finding out which federal set-side contracts that are currently available to your business would be one of the most important aspects of government contracting to a small business. It is time to find which set-aside contracts are available, make sure your business qualifies, and bid on the contract.
Use these quick instructions to track down available set-aside contracts your business. Remember that procurement officers need to hit their small business acquisition goals and 23% of all government contracts are devoted to small businesses. Even set-asides like SDVO and WOSB have 3% and 5% of all government contracts devoted to their set-aside.
Follow these short instructions to find available set-aside contracts:
- Go to www.fbo.gov and login as vendor (logging on allows you to save the search for later use. Note you can also do the same search not logged into the site using "opportunities" link on the home page, but the search cannot be saved for later use).
- Click on "opportunities" upper navigation.
- Click on "advanced search" sub-tab.
- Use the "Set-Aside Code:" field to filter your search.
- Results are then presented on the "search results" tab.
- From the search results page, users are given the option to save the search criteria for use at a later date. Click "save this search as a search agent"to save the search. If you do so, you will need to provide a label that you would like to use for the search agent. You will need to "save" the label once entered.