What is the 8(a) Business Development Program?
- The 8(a) Business Development Program is a business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses. The 8(a) Program offers a broad scope of assistance to firms that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
- The 8(a) Program is an essential instrument for helping socially and economically disadvantaged entrepreneurs gain access to the economic mainstream of American society. The program helps thousands of aspiring entrepreneurs to gain a foothold in government contracting.
- Participation in the program is divided into two phases over nine years: a four-year developmental stage and a five-year transition stage.
Benefits of the Program
- Participants can receive sole-source contracts, up to a ceiling of $4 million for goods and services and $6.5 million for manufacturing. While we help 8(a) firms build their competitive and institutional know-how, we also encourage you to participate in competitive acquisitions.
- 8(a) firms are also able to form joint ventures and teams to bid on contracts. This enhances the ability of 8(a) firms to perform larger prime contracts and overcome the effects of contract bundling, the combining of two or more contracts together into one large contract.
8a Firms are given a leg up in Federal Contracting and are allowed to be awarded specific funds set aside for only 8a firms. Getting awarded an 8a is a huge accomplishment for a business and is a great way to ensure nearly a decade of Federal contracts.
DLP Services, LLC, in business for 7 years, specializes in providing facility maintenance, janitorial and ground keeping services across Texas. DLP Services started providing services to commercial businesses and has begun securing government contracts with its recent 8(a) certification. Being a small business DLP Services focuses on providing excellent customer services and continuously exceed our customer’s expectations.
Geographical areas of service are located in Texas, primarily Del Rio, Eagle Pass, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, El Paso, McAllen, Brownsville, Corpus Christi.
Vendor Profile Information
Active in SAM: Registration valid until 3/3/2016
Certifications: 8A, Minority Owned
NAICS CODE(S): 561720
DLP Services LLC is prepared to grow its business by over 400% during the next 9 years. They are very thankful for the help provided by US Federal Contractor Registration to process the 8a
Purchasing officers and prime vendors can Gabriel De La Paz, President/Owner of De La Paz Cleaning Service, LLC at 830-765-5152, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business looking to get 8a Contracts please call 1-877-252-2700 to find out if they qualify for the 8a program.