This article has been reviewed and updated as of June 2022 to ensure accuracy and relevance in the ever-evolving landscape of federal Contracting.
Federal subcontractor reporting is a complex and demanding task. Large companies, otherwise known as Other Than Small Businesses (OTSBs), receiving federal award money are subject to stringent requirements to report on their small-business subcontractors accurately. Ensuring this reporting correctly can be challenging, but alignment with the System for Award Management (SAM) can pave the way to compliance.
Getting all subcontractors, branches, and subsidiaries registered in SAM might seem like a no-brainer. But it's not always smooth sailing. The process can trip you up, especially when it comes to the Representations and Certifications part.
Then there's the uncertainty. A few things that can throw you off balance:
- SAM’s annual renewal dates
- The government’s ever-changing federal regulation
- Business changes throughout the network
- Security and administrator authentication concerns
Road to Compliance
To shake off the uncertainty and stay audit-proof, large vendors can take specific steps. One is tapping into the Vendor Management and Compliance Program (VMP) from US Federal Contractor Registration (USFCR). It's not just a solution; it's a game-changer.
Here's what the VMP can do for large businesses:
- Help generate subcontractor reports.
- Get an entire vendor network registered and certified in SAM.
- Provide a top-notch registration/certification service.
- Handle SAM and set-aside status maintenance and renewal.
- Offer a unique CRM that aligns with SAM, Contract Opportunities (previously FBO), and the Data Bank (formerly FPDS).
Taking the Next Step Managing vendors at the federal level requires a deep dive into the federal market. That's where USFCR steps in. We offer a top-tier SAM registration assistance service, taking into account the needs of large businesses working with subcontractors, branches, and subsidiaries.
If you want to see how Vendor Management & Compliance can give your company a leg up, talk to a Registration & Contracting Specialist, Call: (866) 216-5343. They can give you a clear picture of your business' standing and guide you toward a streamlined subcontractor reporting process.